The Healthy Start Coalition has a variety of committees to aid in carrying out its mission. Below is a list of committees, their roles and responsibilities. Click here if you would like to join one or more of the committees.
- Fetal & Infant Mortality Review (FIMR) Case Review Team (CRT) and Community Action Group (CAG) – CRT reviews fetal and infant death cases from a technical perspective and determines what interventions might have prevented the death. The CRT makes recommendations to the CAG for community-based interventions. The CAG initiates a community action plan based on recommendations from the CRT. The committees meet on a monthly or bi-monthly basis in Polk County and in Hardee/Highlands County combined.
- Personnel – Develops and implements Coalition personnel policies, including an annual review and update. Also acts as an arbitration committee for personnel problems as requested by the HSC Board President. This committee meets as needed.
- Quality Improvement (QI) – Ensures that Coalition service providers are providing quality services. This committee also examines quality improvement guidelines and principles that are the foundation of all Coalition activities. This committee meets at minimum on a quarterly basis and conducts annual provider QI visits.
- Service Delivery Planning (SDP) – Implements action steps and monitors implementation processes for compliance with the approved Service Delivery Plan. This committee also prepares the 3-year Service Delivery Plan updates. This committee meets on a bi-monthly basis.
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Alliance (TPPA) – Is a network of agency, community and consumer representatives who are concerned with the issue of teen pregnancy. Hardee, Highlands and Polk Counties each have an active TPPA committee. This committee meets on a monthly basis.